I’ve seen quite a few bloggers do this, specifically my friend Meg, (I’ve stolen your questions I hope that’s okay!) and I decided it might be a good idea for me too, since I’m relatively new to this and I think it’s only fair you know who you’re talking to. So, here we go. I hope you find this somewhat interesting…
1. Are you a morning or night person?
Well…I might actually have to say neither. I’m sort of in the middle. Is that normal? I like staying up late but only when I’m alone on my laptop, otherwise I just get really tired and irritable! Likewise, I like having a lie in some mornings but not too late otherwise I feel unproductive and like I’ve wasted the day. Do you see what I mean? I’m very versatile to be honest. I can do both.
2. Describe yourself in 5 words.
Creative. Driven. Interested. Honest. Resilient.
Sounds a bit arrogant, doesn’t it? Maybe if there was a sixth one I’d add emotional or something. Or bad at spelling… but shh! I’m trying to sell myself here. No one ever writes the bad things online, do they?
3. Any guilty pleasures?
If enjoying Will Young’s music counts as a guilty pleasure then…yes.
Joking aside, other than that, no not really. I’m not guilty about the things I do and like because I don’t really care what anyone else thinks of them, you know? If I enjoy it (and it’s not ridiculously weird) then I’m not ashamed of it. Unless you count spending my entire yesterday binge watching Peep Show. I suppose I am slightly ashamed of that.
4. Any tattoos or piercings?
No. I don’t know, they’re not really for me. I might get a tattoo someday, but I’m not too fussed. I struggle with the decision of what sandwich to buy for lunch let alone choosing a pattern that would permanently mark my body.
5. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Everywhere really, apart from all the generic boring tourist places like Ibiza (ooh I know – so unorthodox!). I’d like to see everything, from the busiest cities to the most remote jungles. I find countries that are the most different to my own (England) the most fascinating.
6. Summer or Winter?
This is a funny one because I can’t decide. This winter I was moaning about how fed up I was of the rain (I know, typical Brit) but then now it’s really hot I’m craving the days of scarves and hot chocolate. So I suppose neither. Autumn or spring are probably the nicest.
7. What is your favourite drink?
Gotta say chocolate milkshake, or maybe a Coke if it’s from a restaurant with ice (it just tastes so much nicer with ice, doesn’t it?)
8. What’s your go-to outfit?
Loose fitting jeans and a baggy jumper, there is no comfier, more content way to be.
9. Favourite blogs?
This is tricky because I don’t actually read that many. I suppose:
- Meg (As I mentioned earlier) Has a blog similar to mine but a bit more personal with interesting bits and bobs from her life. Lifestyle, beauty and travel.
- Tiffani A bit like Meg, Tiffani is quite personal on her blog and it’s lovely. There are lots of pieces really, book reviews, articles, opinion columns, poetry…oh and Lush products. If you like them then that’s the place to go.
- Carys Is one of my closest friends who has her travel/adventure blog. The place to go for amazing photographs and inspiring stories.
- Olivia Another brilliant travel blog, all about adventure and saying yes. Again another friend – I was there when she started it!
- Jasper Is an incredible filmmaker and blogger and photographer and writer and just ugh, everything. Jasper is really cool and it makes me jealous, jokes. But also not please share some of your skills with me. (I know Jasper in real life too, it’s fine, he will get this.)
10. Can you cook?
Ahahaha, no. University is going to be a laugh. I can do toast, pasta and soup and anything else that is basically really easy. But that’s about it. I could do it if I made an effort and followed the instructions – but who has time for that? I tend to just chuck it all in the pan.
13. Are you a tidy or messy person?
Definitely a messy person. I wish I wasn’t, really. But I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s just part of who I am. My bedroom is a mess. I always get crumbs on the table, occasionally spill soup in my car… that sort of thing. (The soup incident did actually happen.) It’s not attractive really, is it?
I don’t think I’m annoyingly messy, though. I’ll always clear up after myself and I do tidy my room at least once a week. And I never let anything get messy or lost if it’s important, like work or study.
13. What are the small things that make your day better?
Texts from people I love. Photos of cute animals. A nice news story. Writing on my phone. Messages from friends on Instagram. Comedy on the radio. The feel of a warm cup of tea in my hands. Gripping the steering wheel as I turn a corner. Taking photos. Fresh air. My cat rubbing against my legs. Chewing gum. Books on the train. Music. Laughter.
All that lovely stuff.
14. Are you always early or late?
Traditionally I’ve always been a late person because my family are very disorganised. But in the last year I’ve had a lot more control over my life and how I travel (I got a car) and I’m not late anymore. Definitely not for anything important at least.
15. What was the last film you saw?
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
Not like that was predictable or anything.
16. Biggest fear?
I guess dying or becoming seriously ill because then I’d lose everything I have, and never be able to do all the things I’ve always wanted to do. Being denied the chance to have a good career or have a family would be pretty devastating.
17. What did you do for your last birthday?
Travelled to France with my family. Pretty dull to be honest.
18. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Definitely not. I believe in finding someone attractive and having an emotional connection, but love? No. That comes afterwards.
19. Favourite film?
It has to be Skyfall, from the James Bond movies. I won’t say too much about why because I’m already writing a post on all my favourite films and we wouldn’t want to spoil that, would we?
Finally, thank you.
Thank you so much for reading this. I’m both surprised and grateful. It’s not the kind of post I would normally write but for once I felt like it, and it was a lot of fun.
On that note, I just want to say a proper thank you to anyone who has read my writing because I’ve really enjoyed blogging properly these last few months. It’s been fun, and my words have been far better received than I ever expected them to be. It feels very nice, thank you, and it inspires me to keep going every time I read an encouraging comment or see a hit on my page.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me on social media (Twitter, Instagram), if you ever want to chat about any of the posts I’ve written or topics I’ve talked about. I’d love to hear from you and I’m always open to making new friends.
I hope you’re having a wonderful day.